Living Room Workout!
This is a 24-minute TOTAL BODY metabolic workout. If you adopt this training style, you will kill 2 flies with one shoe, meaning, you will get the benefits of both cardio and strength training combined into in one short, but intense workout. This is an extremely effective way to get leaner and stronger faster!
You can do this workout in your living room. My living room just happens to have a plush carpet. If yours doesn't, then make sure you place a mat (or folded towel) under yours knees when performing the ab wheel exercise.
Always a Must!
- Read my workout rules before you begin!
Drink your BCAAs!
Stay hydrated with water.
- A Gymboss Interval Timer
- A laptop, smart phone, or tablet (to play this workout video)
- Shock-absorbing surface, such as interlocking floor mats or a plush carpet.
- Dumbbells: I used 12 pound and 8 pound dumbbells
- Ab Wheel
- A Dr. Sara Solomon Cross Speed Jump Rope by Buddy Lee Jump Ropes. It’s portable and inexpensive. I always travel with mine!
Set your gymboss timer for: 40 seconds WORK, 10 seconds REST. This circuit consists of 7 different exercises. Perform the circuit 4 times, which takes 24 minutes. Note: I use the timer from tabatatimer.com in my videos.
- Curtsy Walking Lunges – I used 12 lb dumbbells
- Burpee Push-Ups
- Dumbbell Squat --> Bicep Curl --> Shoulder Press (I used 12 lb dumbbells)
- Jump Rope: Alternate Basic Bounce & High Step
- Ab Wheel
- Alternating Shoulder Raises (shoulder abduction <--> shoulder flexion)
- Alternate Five Squat Jumps <--> Five Squats
Do the workout with me! Just click on this video.
Note: Remember to "pick up the pace". Keep it intense. I am guilty of slowing down in this video when I talk. I also didn't hustle fast enough between exercises. Make sure you do a better job than I did!
Always Stretch and Foam Roll after your workouts to prevent injury!