JUMP ROPE DRILLS!
This is a VERY INTENSE 10 minute cardio HIIT home workout that exclusively uses jump rope.
- Shock-absorbing surface, such as interlocking floor mats.
- A Dr. Sara Solomon Cross Speed Jump Rope by Buddy Lee Jump Ropes. It’s portable and inexpensive. I always travel with mine!
- I like to drink BCAAs. Click here to read why.
Keep this circuit mega-INTENSE; otherwise, you are not going to benefit from metabolism-boosting effects of HIIT. Maximize fat-burning by doing this workout fasted as soon as you wake up … and stay fasted for at least 2 hours after the workout (you can drink your BCAAs).
This circuit consists of 12 Jump rope exercises. Set your timers for 20 seconds of work and 5 seconds of rest. If you are a beginner, then stick to the bounce step for the entire workout. Once you have mastered this, then try the other moves.
Each circuit is 5 minutes.
- Bounce Step
- High Step
- Bounce Step/High Step Combo
- Alternate Foot Step
- Side Straddle
- Travelling Alternate Foot Step/Side Straddle Combo
- Bounce Step 360 (clockwise)
- Bounce Step 360 (counterclockwise)
- X-Foot Cross
- Forward Straddle
- Skier's Jump
- Travelling Skier's Jump
Do the workout with me! Just click on the video and GO!
Make sure you stretch and foam roll after the workout (especially your calf muscles). I used my Beastie Bar and Stand in today's video, and strongly recommend it, as well as the Rumble Roller. Watch my video to learn how to use the Rumble Roller.