This is my Grandma Solomon's recipe for no-bake pineapple cheesecake. It's one of my favourite desserts of all time, and I'm really excited to share this easy recipe with you. My mom joined me in the kitchen today to demonstrate how to make it.
I know what you are thinking: "Isn't this a health and fitness website? Isn't it inappropriate that you are sharing a cheesecake recipe made with cookies, sugar, and butter?"
Simmer down, pot roast! I'm a flexible dieter. I follow the 80/20 rule. 80% of what I eat on a daily basis is "healthy". The remaining 20% is at my discretion. This approach has worked very well for me since 2012 because I never feel deprived. I like that I don't have to feel guilty about my food choices. If I want a piece of cheesecake, then I can have a piece of cheesecake! If you want to learn more about my sustainable approach to nutrition, click here for my system!
You can click here for all my "healthy recipes", but today I am sharing one of my favourite "discretionary recipes" with you.
- Springform pan
- electric hand mixer
- 1 box of Chocolate Wafer Cookies (I suggest you buy an extra box for a back-up in your pantry, just in case).
- 14 oz can of Crushed unsweetened pineapple (drained well)
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- 5 TBSP melted butter
- 2 envelopes of prepared Dream Whip (you'll need 1 cup of 1% or 2% milk)
- 8 oz Lite Cream Cheese
This recipe yields 16-18 slices.
Please watch the video demonstration (featuring me and my mom) to learn how to make this cheesecake.
- Remove your cream cheese from the fridge 1 hour before you make the recipe so that it is soft (it's easier to work with)
- Drain the crushed pineapple really well (let it sit in a sieve over your sink while you make the recipe)
- Grease the sides and bottom of the springform pan with butter
- Place cookies around the perimeter of the cheesecake (~16 to 18).
- Place the remaining cookies into a ziplock bag and use a rolling pin to crush them (or a food processor).
- Save a small amount of the crushed cookies for later (for the topping)
- Melt 5 TBSP of butter in the microwave and mix it with the crushed cookies to make the crust. Line the bottom of the pan with the crust.
- Cream 1 cup of icing sugar with 8oz of cream cheese
- Prepare the 2 packages of Dream Whip as per the package instructions
- Fold the Dream Whip mixture into the cream cheese mixture, add the pineapple. Don't over-mix .... you want it to be firm.
- Dump the cheesecake filling into the springform pan.
- Crumble the crushed cookie pieces you saved onto the top of the cheesecake
- Place it in the fridge for at least 12 hours before serving it. Otherwise, freeze it and eat it another day.
The entire cheesecake recipe is 4267 calories, 157.3g fat, 89.4g saturated fat, 319.3 mg cholesterol, 2865mg sodium, 647.2g carbs, 11.9g fibre, 494.9g sugars, 36.7g protein
Math time! Slice your cheesecake into equal portions and divide by the number of pieces you create to establish the nutritional information for 1 slice.
For example: my cheesecake yielded 16 slices. So for 1 slice: 267 calories, 9.8g fat, 5.6g saturated fat, 20mg cholesterol, 179mg sodium, 40.5g carbs, .74g fibre, 31g sugar, 2.3g protein
If you want to stop dieting, ... then check out my Fat Loss Fast System. It's my common sense approach to eating because your diet shouldn't be a full-time job and it shouldn't cause anxiety. You can also sign up for my free intermittent fasting tutorials here.